Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Simply Delicious Quilt Finished!

My first blogpost about this quilt was in August 2010 so this has been a long time in the making (a long time sitting in a cupboard anyway!) At that stage I had tried a couple of times to hand applique the pieces before realising that fusing and machine stitching the blocks was much more me! By October 2010 I had fused them all
but then they got packed away and only re-surfaced in September last year when I started the sashings 
In January of this year I was quilting the backgrounds, and it resurfaced again in April when I was ready to move onto the leaves
A couple of weeks ago, I was disappointed that I had missed the deadline of showing at our quilt show, but I changed my studio around, determined to focus on completing it
It's now school holidays, and I've had a couple of decent blocks of time and now it's all done. Here are the individual blocks - click on any photo to see it larger and check out the quilting detail

This quilt makes me feel happy. The original quilt pattern had 12 blocks, but I have just made 9 and set them in my own way. If you would like to make your own, the original pattern can be found here at Piece O' Cake Designs.
This is the label - it's a corner left over from my grandmother's fabric serviettes that I used for my Fabric Banner.
And now the quilt's hanging at our front door where I can enjoy it every day :-)

3 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful quilting -I love all the detail and texture it adds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilting, you must be so pleased with the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finish of the Simply Delicious quilt! I made these blocks (about 9 too) quite a few years ago to teach myself how to do needleturn applique. Your finish is a nice inspiration for me to pull them out and get them finished. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...