Saturday, October 21, 2017

Birthday gift

It's my brother's birthday this month and when I got given a box of my Great Grandmother's lace earlier in the year, he mentioned it would be really cool to have a piece framed.....I painted some watercolour paper, tore it to size and hand stitched some pieces to it.
Found a lovely deep frame so the lace isn't squashed - there's a spacer to the glass
I am so happy with the way they look. Size inside frame is 15 1/4" square
I might have to make one for me as well!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea! That lace looks beautiful and precious - they don't make them like this any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - the lace is indeed lovely and I am so lucky to have it. My brother loved his present too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...