Thursday, August 31, 2017

Book of Days : musing with the masters

Art journal lesson from Book of Days in June. This spread was an exploration of two different influences - Klimt, with his swirly doodles, and Modigliani, with his elongated faces. I've been dying to finish this lesson and finally got some time. I began with collage and gold acrylic, before adding a layer of Transparent glazes. 
Showing you the before and after the glaze cos I just so LOVE the transformation - I used two of my favourite colours : Turquoise (Phthalo) and Permanent Violet Dark (both Golden brand)
Then it was time to add the first stages of the face and hair
Face development : I just love my Polychromos coloured pencils. They smudge so beautifully over clear gesso, but are then permanent. 
Click on any photo to see it larger.
Hair and decorative details added with gold posca pen
Lovely layers
And here's the final spread
The end of August = end of our month-long hiatus from BOD - we start session three on 1st September - YAY. See my Flickr album for all my art from classes with Effy HERESign up to Book of Days or other classes with Effy Wild HERE
Been a bit of a Klimt-filled month ♥ Go HERE to see my Klimt-style journal page for Life Documented, and HERE for my Klimt in the Garden Mixed Media Collage Box. Can't wait to see what September brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...