Sunday, May 28, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 21

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 21 : add embroidery floss or thread to your page and also from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : PROMPT: Use stencils to decorate your backgrounds  TECHNIQUE: stencil randomly and loosely, using only portions of the stencils. The guest this week is Anna Friesen of Artful stories - always inspired by her beautiful work. My spread already had some inky clean-ups on it
so I started by scraping some paint over and adding some journaling blocks. I also liked Anna's idea of the tip-in being a flip down so added that too.
I was very happy with the Autumn May Queen that I created last weekend - see my previous post for details about her, so I decided to re-use some of that for this spread. Before I started my stenciling I wanted to put a few photos down - she appears, plus our new lights and I was very taken with the new Netflix series of Anne with an E. Contrary to some opinions, I loved the realistic bits that were added to the story in a sensitive way. The acting is wonderful, and I ♥ the stunning opening sequence that began each episode. Here's the journaling spread with photos and stenciling added (click on any photo to see it larger) : 
I wanted to add some stitch so played with stencils and stitch on the flip-up. You can see I used wool to stitch some large crosses, and my machine for lines of stitch on the left side and to add some sari ribbon on the bottom
I happened upon some the perfect found words in a large print book as well :-) Then I printed the quote from my Autumn girl and that covered some of the messier stitching on the other side. Here's the spread completed showing flip up and down : 
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...