Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Cards 2016

I usually make a couple of sets of Christmas cards. You may have seen my first lot of festive cards HERE - they were mainly used for work mates, and friends I've seen personally earlier in December.
These are the cards I've mailed. I began {again} with stenciled bases
and I still had some of these from when I made my birthday cards earlier this month
I started by tearing and applying a lovely serviette in small pieces along with some lovely star printed tissue
And then finished the cards in various ways - most included metallic machine stitching to add a bit of Christmas sparkle
Here's a few closer up
I shared these tree ones in my previous post about mini gelli plates.
Only 4 more sleeps....

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, they're all lovely! I can tell that mine came from the previous batch! I can testify that it looks even more impressive in real life! I really like the metallic thread - I didn't even know they existed. I'll be on the look-out for some! This process seems to be very efficient - I might try something like this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya - you need to be careful to get good quality metallic thread if you're going to use it in your sewing machine. Madeira is a very reliable brand.
    Love making my cards - lots of differences with one lot of effort

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...