Thursday, August 18, 2016

DLP (Add a border) and daily journaling

Began this spread by laying down some colour using dylusions sprays and a couple of fav stencils. Next day when completely dry I sprayed with fixative hoping I can work on the pages without that ink moving
The prompt I used this week from Documented Life was "Add a border". Since I had my handmade foam printing plates out the other day, I rediscovered this one : 
Did some fun doodling and added my first entry for the spread
Then I remembered that I really want these spreads to be arty, so next I jumped into a Life book bonus lesson - I shared the details HERE. The first layer was finger painting and unfortunately this is proof that the fixative didn't work entirely as well as I had hoped
but I still LOVE how the flowers turned out and became a very arty focal for the spread - I must remember to do this (big art on the spread) MUCH more often....
NOTE - after I did this, I watched a lesson with Effy in Book of Days and she suggests 2 layers of the fixative since Dylusions sprays are so easily activated. Will try that next time.
It was another week of birthdays for my husband and eldest son who turned 16. I made this guitar card for Craig - shared others from similar bases HERE. Although made completely independently of this journal spread, it blends very well with other colours on the page.
Added another border with the same printing plate in the bottom right corner 
and here's the spread complete. I didn't change the colour of the flowers from the earlier photos, just took the final photos outside in daylight! 
You can see my Flickr album with all my daily journaling spreads HERE. You can find out more about DLP 2016 the unPlanner HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Those borders look so fun! We should totally do more of those! Love your painterly flowers too! That was a good lesson - I enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home from hols! Missed you ;-) I am thinking about changing my weekly style of daily journaling to less of the everyday stuff...still thinking. Definitely fun to incorporate flower lessons into the pages as a focal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...