Thursday, June 30, 2016

DLP (Pick a shape and repeat, Doodle a flower) and daily journaling

In my previous post about my birthday week, I shared the first page of this daily journaling spread. I was dying to use my new gelli plates - here they are next to the cheap acrylic block I got to put them on for printing 
First I laid down some colour with the square plate
and then overlapped that with circles
I used the back of the paint brush to draw some lines in the top left ready for the day/date, and I particularly liked the effect of pressing the plate onto bubble wrap before printing (below left) and then printing with the bubble wrap (below right). Click on the photo to see the effect up closer, and between them you'll also see the ghost (second) print of that original circle.
I can see these are going to appear often....
After my birthday week, it was my youngest son's turn - he turned 12 and I made sure to print some photos of his actual birthday, but only wrote about his other party days :-)
Then it was time to get back to some prompts from Documented Life. I decided to go back to the beginning of June - Week 1 Pocket Art Card (PAC) prompt was to pick a shape and repeat. I decided that since I had that new circle gelli plate....
I used it directly in my journal, and also thought it would be fun to add to a circular "PAC". To the PAC I added some dotty tape, papers, a dictionary definition of dot, and I even found some spotty ribbon in my stash :-)
The other circles were finished using Week 2's prompt of "Doodle a flower" (I know I already did this prompt but I can't resist the opportunity to try it in a different way)
The rest of the page was calling for just a little more gelli printing! It is so easy to apply a little paint to the small square, and then draw lines with the other end of your brush
I masked my flower with a bit of paper, and stamped this twice
This is the finished spread - see details of the left hand page in my previous post.
And that's 1/2 the year gone! Thought you might like to see how my art journal is looking
Above is what I started with, and below is view from the top today. 
I have a Flickr album that contains every spread of this journal so far HERE. You can see the album dedicated to my daily journaling spreads HERE. And you can find out more about DLP 2016 the unPlanner HERE. See you in July.

2 comments:

  1. I have those mini gelli plates too! Aren't they fabulous! I haven't been using them as much as I should - now I feel inspired to get them out again. They were very hard to find in the UK for some reason. Lovely spread and a great use of the mini plates! Your journal is filling up nicely - it's hard to believe we're halfway through the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa - I have a ton of ideas for using them and am hoping I will leave them out on my work table so they aren't forgotten.
    Enjoy your summer - it is very very cold here today

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...