Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In My World

Since my blog is called "All of Me" - something you may not know about me is that I am a HUGE fan of basketball - it's my favourite sport to watch live. Both my boys play and our season has just started which means Wednesday and Friday night school competition games from now until September...
My 15-year-old and I watched the first NBA Western Conference final yesterday after school.... very exciting to see Steven Adams playing such a critical role - and "we" (Oklahoma City Thunder) won the first game! For the happily unaware - the finalists play 7 games to decide the ultimate winner.
Attended our club quilt show on Saturday - see the winners of the quilt challenges on our club blog HERE. I didn't enter any challenges, but it was really good to share my quilt and see it hanging on the day
See my blog post when I finished this quilt with more detailed photos HERE.
I've got all inspired to make more quilts - currently sorting fabrics and trying to decide which one to make first! 
Fantastic news for New Zealand mixed media artists - Tulis Textiles had a stall at the quilt show, and she sells gelli plates! 
I have added this to my post about Where I shop for mixed media supplies - always available in my top right side bar. In the photo above you can see she had smaller shaped ones available. You may need to email her about them since they are not online as I post this. There will be a separate post about the quilt show to come when I have some time.
Sadly I've made these bereavement cards for my Aunty and my cousin.
I am grateful for my extended family and the strong bonds of love we share. Don't hesitate - tell those you love what they mean to you today.
Happily, I'm going to be spending this coming weekend being uplifted by my friendships with a group I've known for almost 16 years now...we had our first babies together. It's time for our annual pilgrimage to Raumati for our Girls' Weekend. We talk, laugh, wine & dine, walk on the beach if the weather allows, and shop....here are some photos from previous years of what I have to look forward to : 
I'm sure I'll come back refreshed and ready to make more art, although I think we're going to have much stormier weather than previous years. 
Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and happy weekend to you. 

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt looks lovely hanging amongst the other artwork. I do like that happy painting with the sheep, too! Sympathy cards must be hard to create - yours look so beautiful! I really like those watercolour textures. Have a great weekend away with your friends. Sounds like a lovely tradition to do it every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...