Then I got to school holidays. I was dragging my feet a bit not feeling as enthusiastic about my colours. Then I wondered if I was being too "matchy" with my block construction and I looked again at photos I'd taken of Karen Stone's original quilt in class :
Sure enough, I was right. I immediately took the block I was working on
and swapped out a couple of the borders to make it more interesting
Loving that and loving that top fabric so I wanted to use it immediately in another block
Really excited about these looking so good and I kept stitching more than a border a day in my second week of school hols....The momentum gathered, and I decided to added a few fat eights to increase my palette of oranges - those smaller cuts work well for variety without costing a whole lot
My original post estimate was that I would have 25 blocks all finished ready to put together by 5th September. Tomorrow we're back to usual term routines, but if I go back to my original plan of one border a day, my past history indicates I'll actually complete 8 borders and finish 2 blocks per week. I should be ready to assemble the quilt top 9th August! Will share again when my quilt top is complete - excited!