Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 10 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE Documented Life Project is HERE. It's a new month with a new theme :
This week's challenge dovetailed in very nicely with Traci Bautista's FREE online Strathmore Workshop. Her workshop is called "Bold, Expressive and Unconventional Printmaking" and well worth checking out. Inspired by her lesson in week one (see her blog photos HERE) I started with some gelli printing
I love that soft, grungy look. Spoiler alert - enjoy this look while you can cos I end up a long way from here!! Next step was to add marks with sponge and cork
paint and drywall tape, ink pad and bubble wrap
my own carved stamp with gold paint
My thinking so far is summer colours : blue sky, flashes of hot, the gold circles reminding me of the sun, some green coming back at our beginning of autumn with a bit of rain. Because I edged the page with blue, I decided I wouldn't do my journaling on the side as I usually do. This cool scribbly circle stamp is going to be spaces for my daily entries this week.
More mark making 
This is how my page looked when I left it last night. I like it, but can't call this done...
Today I decided I really have to have flowers, so I drew on petals and filled them in with paint
They needed a darker outline so I used the stabilo pencil from above, but instead of using the stump to blend as I did here
I used water to blend -  it made the outline very dark and definite
so I softened the look of the flowers by adding various white marks inside the petals
Then I journaled around the entire page with a line of writing about how I like the seasons changing - that's my "surviving the elements" part of the challenge. And I've written in some of my journaling circles so you can see that the green pen doesn't detract from the overall effect of the spread. Click on the photo to see the details larger.
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and I've created a Flickr album for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you are pop by on my blog .
    Love the art that you make .
    Sorry for my bad English I'll never learn it
    Love from the Netherlands Rini

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...