Saturday, January 17, 2015

LB 2015 : The Artful Wordsmith

Life Book week 3 was a lesson with Joanne Sharpe. If you click HERE you will link to all my postings about what I've learned with her previously. So this was a lesson of familiar techniques but great to be reminded. The lesson was to illustrate the phrase "Art feeds your soul". For obvious reasons, I had to change my phrase slightly ;-)
This is worked on watercolour paper. I wanted to reflect my NZ, so first I added ferns by using a sponge to apply stamp pad through a stencil. You can see here I added pen lines to give my own details
I drew my own flowers, similar to those I learned from Alisa Burke's class. Here's a shot of how line drawn flowers are transformed by watercolour
click on any photo to see it larger
Of course a big part of this lesson was about lettering
and if you saw my last Life Book lesson, you will have seen that I want to include stitch in every project, so I finished by framing this piece by machine stitching with metallic thread
I just love my wee fantail stamp - one of my favourite New Zealand native birds. And I'm not usually very good at leaving white space, but managed to leave the border on this one.
You can see all my posts about Life Book HERE and I've created a Flickr album for all my Life Book projects HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love this. And your fantail stamp!
    I am doing the Journal Journey course you posted about. Decided I wouldn't do Lifebook as I have a big ol year ahead ....
    So thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette I love your flowers and ferns they are so beautifully done.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...