Saturday, February 22, 2014

Trying to get to where I want to be

Very hot summer days here this week and averaging 30 degrees celsius temperatures at my house mean everyone is very hot and sticky and it's hard to do anything when we get home except jump in the pool!
I am now working permanent part-time hours and trying to establish new routines. I'm starting to get there, but there's a major habit I need to change. It's the one where I grab a coffee {or ice block!} and think "I'll just check my email and a few blogs"
....an hour {or sometimes more - let's be honest!} later and sometimes I'm inspired, but more often than not I'm feeling sorry I didn't use that time to do some creating of my own.
I really want to stop doing this, so now when I sit down at my computer I'm faced with this sign prominently on the desk in front of me
It's not pretty, but it reminds me to focus on what I HAVE to do on the computer briefly - even question whether I really want to sit there at all - and then to move on out to my studio 
and re-focus on how I really want to be spending my time. 
BEFORE YOU PLOP DOWN IN FRONT OF THE TV OR COMPUTER - GO TO YOUR {PLACE WHERE YOU STORE YOUR CREATIVE STUFF} AND REMIND YOURSELF WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO BE DOING
What are you going to be doing this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Very true and good advice....but reading blogs like yours is still definitely part of what I like to do!!!! (and it helps me get to where I want to be!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I'm terribly good at sitting down at the computer only to find that a lot of time has passed before I know it. A habit that I've been trying to be more conscious about too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I think I'll shut down now and go set up a spread for the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...