Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Cards and FREE classes

I love making my own Christmas cards. In October 2011 I spent a month making a card a day, 10 of which were Christmas themed. This year I've been playing with sprays, distress ink pads, stencils, gelli prints, glitter and stitch.
Variations on using a fern stencil as a Christmas tree with gelli printed tape trims
I apply the distress ink pad with a sponge dauber on my finger through a stencil - you could also use a cosmetic sponge.
Variations on trees cut with cuttlebug by a friend
Gelli printed backgrounds and gelli printed tape
And glitter - you'll see it if you click on the picture and enlarge it
If you'd like some further card-making and seasonal inspiration, check out these 3 FREE classes!
1. The amazing and generous Alisa Burke has created a free class called Holiday Play. Read all about it here

2. Five Golden Letterings by Joanne Sharpe was created in 2012 to inspire your holiday handwriting, packaging and creative gift giving in a golden palette.
Example from Joanne's workshop
3. Don't forget the Strathmore online workshops still open until end of December 2013. Be inspired by Jane LaFazio and Joanne Sharpe to make some Christmas cards.
online strathmore workshop

Merry Merry

4 comments:

  1. I used to live in Palmerston North... 5 years ago. You look very familiar!
    I too make cards. And quilts. And anything from fabric actually.
    And I love trying felt projects, I've just started doing felting.

    Your cards are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I've just made mine, but mine are very plain by comparison (I am still pleased with mine, but they aren't as wow as yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards -love your fern Christmas trees! You've inspired me (again!!) - I'm now off to play with paper...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Lynette...
    Love Love your cards...
    I'm now ready to jump into making my Christmas cards...I have new visions & my gelli plate, distress inks and stencils....excited and inspired!!

    Mahalo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...