Sunday, October 13, 2013

Calendar Journaling

This calendar spread spanned more than a week. You might remember last week I used a dylusions stencil :
I rubbed the ink remaining on that stencil onto the first page of this week's spread.
and then filled the leaves in with some twinkling H2Os - you can see the glisten if you click to enlarge the photo below
My first entry was begun in Napier, where our hotel window looked out to sea
so waves found their way onto my page
The next day I also included some pictures cut from a promotional brochure which remind me of the Art Deco loveliness of Napier as well as what we did.
For my second page, I'd just watched this Youtube video and loved the pastel technique
This time I added some dolls cut from an old pattern envelope. They're cute and fit the colour scheme. I added some paper tape because that was pretty and kind of old-fashioned looking
and then I had fun adding colour to blend with the page
Hope you enjoy my explanations of the process along the way.
See my other calendar journaling pages in my Flickr set.

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic idea . . . love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress patterns brought back memories....Mum made those dresses for us! Love your sea colours on your Napier page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...