I've had such fun making this wall-hanging. The last 2 main spots were filled by 2 stitchy pieces. The peacock feather was purchased with this wall-hanging in mind when I went to Taupo.
It just needed some sari ribbon, beads and french knots to finish it off.
The final piece started by sponging gold metallic paint through a masked indian stencil onto silk.
Free-motion machine stitching with metallic thread got it to this stage.
Then it needed a few beads, some bells, and a little sari ribbon trim.
I added a couple of other small bits and called it done.
Special thanks to Julie Prichard and Chris Cozen's Mixed Media Melange class that started the whole thing,
my talented friend Carole for her original comment that inspired the transformation of the original piece, and for Beryl Taylor's entire body of work. Check out her blog and her website and be inspired too.
|Take a look inside her book via Amazon HERE|
February - The base and first additions inspired by Beryl Taylor
March - TAP transfers
April- beading and stitching
13 July - embroidery on the elephant
17 July - more hand stitching
9 August - modeling paste effects