Saturday, April 13, 2013

Top 10 Studio favourites

In March, Jenny from Texterial did a post called Top 10 Studio Favourites.
Thought that would be a fun thing to consider...but I found it REALLY hard, since I love to use so many different things. I decided to start with my obvious top 3, and then added on those things that I can't seem to stop buying at the moment!
1) My wonderful Janome SEWING MACHINE
It's not the top range model, but it does everything I want it to, from fabric piecing and quilting, through paper arts, or any kind of combination of these.
2) FABRIC : Pretty much any kind is fair game - cottons for quilting, sheers for layering and heat-tooling, scrims, sari silks, velvet, felt, lace, and I'd like to try dyeing my own sometime too
3) PAPER : again, pretty much anything : scrapbook, wrapping, watercolour, ephemera, serviettes, tissue, dress patterns, silk, letters, postcards.
Especially enjoy using old books and sheet music at the moment
4) SPRAY INKS
5) STENCILS
These are my latest : Prima mask on the left, and Crafters workshop stencil on the right - this is the 12x12 version of what I showed you here.
6) ACRYLIC PAINTS
Last seen on my gelli plate - with stamps and stencils....
I am lately very interested in Claudine Hellmuth's line.
There are 3 sets of these mini paint sets to try out her 15 original colours which you can mix to get 51 colours.Think these are going on my birthday list.
7) STAMPS
My last stamp purchase above - I'd been looking for lovely words for a while so very excited to have these.
8) MY PEN STASH
9) TAPES
10) OUR COMPUTER for all those inspirational online courses.
I have just caved and purchased 21 Secrets. I just couldn't resist the fabulous price of US$59 for 21 tutors and access for 9 months - that's only NZ$7.50 per month! Go here to register yourself.
So that's my top 10 at the moment...what are your studio favourites?

3 comments:

  1. How lovely that you have purchased 21 secrets, so many wonderful workshops, I have enjoyed your post, we like to work with the same things.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on everything else except for sewing and fabric! But I might change my mind if I had a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...