Shared my first steps here. This journal has an exposed sewn-on-tapes binding. I loved making the fabric tabs with a mix of the bargain upholstery fabric I found at the arts recycling centre and sari ribbon.
Lots of learning with this book. My first attempt at the binding was made with silk filament yarn which I coloured myself. Pretty, but it was stretching as you can see below.
Very disappointing because I have used this yarn before for binding a journal with no problems. Had to use Bakers twine instead which seemed to work fine, but I am off to try & find a source for proper 4ply waxed linen bookbinding thread for the next one.
The pages inside are a lovely mix of recycled book pages (from library booksales), scrapbook papers, sheet music, and other old papers.
More learning here though - I have lovely old sheet music and book papers that I lifted straight from the original book by snipping the original thread.
|This cover is another candidate for a journal :-)|
Looking forward to journalling in this one...
See you next month :-)