Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lutradur Gift Box

Inspired once more by Ineke Berlyn's book This lutradur sample layered with fusible web (from this post)became this gift boxSmall metal butterflies complete the sides. Looking down on the topIt stands 14 cm high, and the base edges are 7 cm. This was so much fun to make - lutradur doesn't fray so it was just a matter of fusing 2 layers together to get the right weight, and then embellishing with the fusible web and decorative stitching with metallic thread. The cords are several strands of fibres zigzagged over with the same metallic thread.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool - am going to have to make one!! Your handmade cords are lovely for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - I have used Lutrador a bit but kind of get stuck once I have painted it - maybe I will try 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette, this is so beautiful! I wouldn't have the patience to make the ties that way though!! I have a pattern somewhere for a similar bag, to which you add little bells at the pointy ends - they call it a Jester bag, like the jester's hats in olden days?! If I can find it after I have tidied up, I'll scann it and send you a copy via email, if you'd like... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The information that you have provided is very helpful.

    Buy Lutradur

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...